The benefits of integrating music into primary school curriculum are far reaching, and impact on many areas of school life.
- Importance of Music Education
- Music Education Success Story
- pBone with Lancashire Music Service
- Teaching Music Education (a case study)
- Why Music Education Matters at Home
Warwick Music Group's Education Ambassador Becca Pope, draws on her experience of managing music in a primary school, and explores just some of the reasons why music is so important to include in your school environment.
- Why should music be a part of the primary curriculum?
- How will it benefit the children?
- Will including music in your daily teaching have an impact on behaviour?
- Are there opportunities to connect with other schools through music?
- Can you use music in other subjects?
- What is the best way to incorporate music into the classroom?
- Will having music help the children’s confidence in other areas?
- Does music really help the children to achieve better results?
- Would we need to assess the children?
- Do you need to be able to read music/play an instrument to teach this to the children?
- Can background music in the classroom help to create a calm working environment?
As part of our award winning resources for education we're now offering pBuzz Education Bundle customers access to an exclusive scheme of work that covers the entire National Curriculum for Music at KS1. In here you'll find a full set of music resources with lesson plans and assessment trackers.