The benefits of integrating music into primary school curriculum are far reaching, and impact on many areas of school life.
- Importance of Music Education
- Music Education Success Story
- pBone with Lancashire Music Service
- Teaching Music Education (a case study)
- Why Music Education Matters at Home
Warwick Music Group's Education Ambassador draws on their experience of managing music in a primary school, and explores just some of the reasons why music is so important to include in your school environment.
- Why should music be a part of the primary curriculum?
- How will it benefit the children?
- Will including music in your daily teaching have an impact on behaviour?
- Are there opportunities to connect with other schools through music?
- Can you use music in other subjects?
- What is the best way to incorporate music into the classroom?
- Will having music help the children’s confidence in other areas?
- Does music really help the children to achieve better results?
- Would we need to assess the children?
- Do you need to be able to read music/play an instrument to teach this to the children?
- Can background music in the classroom help to create a calm working environment?
As part of our award-winning resources for education we're delighted to share a free scheme of work that covers the entire National Curriculum for Music at KS1 that includes a full set of music resources with lesson plans and assessment trackers.